Guide to Modern Curtains
Modern curtains can include innovative designs, materials and other features that can help enhance a room or space. Most modern curtains today have special features that add to the quality and function of the curtain. Energy efficiency, sun block, stain-free curtains and modern designs are only a few new features of today’s curtain.
Tips in Choosing Modern Curtains
Similar to the traditional curtains, choosing modern curtains should consider the same factors. This includes the length and width of the window, fabric, pattern and design.
Take proper measurements. Measure the windows length and width of the window before purchasing any type of curtain. This will depend if wanting to have a longer or shorter curtain. Ask for a sample of the curtain fabric. There are dealers that provides sample on their products. This can help you determine if the color, texture and pattern is best suited for the space where the curtains will be placed. You can take several samples to compare.
Comparing Traditional and Modern Curtains
Like traditional curtains, choose modern curtains that both suites one’s preference and that of which can match the area or space it will be installed. Modern curtains usually stand out because of its vibrant and innovative design. These can be placed anywhere in the house and sometimes can be used to draw the eye into the focal point such as a decorative vase or furniture. Make sure to match and mix the hues and textures well to have a pleasing effect. Eccentric designs with loud colors and unusual patterns can also be opted for modern curtains.
Options For Modern Curtains
Aside from the new designs and styles, there are innovative designs available. Below are just a few but popular options to have.
Opt for curtains with added UV protection. There are present types of curtains that offer UV protections. These curtains can have as much as 90% protection from the harmful UV rays.
- Damask fabric. This type of materials is characterized by lustrous fabric with several patterns and colors. The damask is quite dense and the weaving of this fabric will need a lot of thread and is quite expensive. One of the more expensive types is the silk damask because of the use of silk as the thread.
- Tab or Tie top. As the name implies these are curtains that have a tab top that can be plain, button or bowtie. This type of curtain is becoming popular in many households today.
- Silhouette curtains. These modern curtains come with a variety of patterns to choose from. The silhouette curtains as suitable for bathroom shower curtains.
- Grommet Curtains. This type of modern curtain has become a popular choice because of its functionality, aesthetic appeal and ease in installation. The grommets can be either made in plastic or metal. These grommets are divided into two parts where each piece of grommet has a semi-circular cross section that an adapted flat surface can fit into the other half. The Grommet curtain is a favorite of modern curtains that can be placed anywhere in the house.
Many products available today come with built in valances, so there is no need so hang a second rod. There are event sets available that contain the entire package, with sheers underneath, curtains, valance and tiebacks, all in coordinating fabric design and colors. They are only slightly more expensive than traditional curtain sets, so the cost may be well worth the savings in extra rods and hardware. Unlike traditional draperies, many of these all in one products can be safely washed at home. This is another advantage in costs savings not spent on dry cleaning.
When your home or room is more contemporary, several options for curtain ideas are available. Curtains ideas can be drawn from many sources, as well. Tab top draperies provide a simple, yet sophisticated style. Such window coverings require careful consideration of the type of pole or rod that they will hang on. In fact, selection of an appropriate rod or pole is just as important, as it will be clearly visible with tab top curtains. Denim and other heavy cotton fabrics look good with a solid color pole or rod. Many home decor or bedding and bath stores offer them in several colors. You may want to see how the curtains and rod look together, before making your purchase.
Curtain accessories can make a huge change to your curtains with minimal effort and cost. A unique idea is to use Curtain finials. These are accessories that you attach to the end of your curtain rod. They come in all different shapes and sizes from modern to more traditional. You can either buy the curtain rod with the finial attached or purchase the curtain finial separately.
Some industrious people prefer to make their own draperies. This is a good idea if you feel confident that you can create the look you want and have some sewing skills. The key is in selecting a sturdy fabric that is easy to work with and will coordinate with the rest of your room decor.
For bay window curtain ideas, consider the look you want to achieve around the window. Some people prefer to frame the area, to draw attention or use it as a focal point in a room. If the area is used as a seating area, draperies that can be pulled back then easily closed are most suitable. The fabric and style will depend upon the seating fabric.
Many different bedroom curtain ideas focus on making the space look warm and inviting. Most people want the bedroom to feel comfortable, as well as make a statement in style. In older homes, more traditional curtain styles 2019 work well, especially with traditional hardwood bedroom furniture and traditional looking bedding. Many looks are popular today, such as a cottage style. Curtains will then need to be simple, yet stylish enough to make a statement. Whatever style you are searching for, it helps to look through various design sources, for suitable curtain ideas that you will be satisfied with.
- Latest Modern Wooden Window Blinds in 2019 - March 13, 2019
- White Curtain Design 2019 (Best White Curtain Models) - March 2, 2019
- How To MODERN Decorate Tiles #2019 - February 22, 2019
- 25+ TRENDS Brillant Bathroom Design - February 22, 2019
- Which Color Baby Cribs 2019 Are The Nicest? - February 13, 2019